REPORTING TO: Shift Supervisor
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Simultaneously examines and packs tubes in the specified boxes.
- Tubes are examined for: color variation and consistency, no caps and high caps, no enamel, no print, poor/bad print, dents and bends, holes, proper cold seal, proper internal coating, metal in the neck, foreign substances inside the tubes (i.e. enamel, ink, lubrication, hair), etc.
- Rejects (does not pack)tubes that do not meet specifications and/or quality standards.
- Requests corrective action from Line Operator and/or Supervisor when quality issues continue in significant numbers
- Notifies Supervisor, QA Auditor, and line team when quality issues arise.
- Monitors the scrap and reports problems in order to keep scrap within acceptable levels.
- Stacks full boxes of tubes on skids, prepares completed skids for shipment (i.e. plastic sheets, corner boards, strapping, etc.), and moves skids from one area of the Plant to another by use of a hand-jack.
- Uses and understands specification sheets. Verifies that the proper materials are being used and packs to conform to the specification sheet for that job.
- Completes applicable forms, labels, etc. and accepts responsibility for the completeness and accuracy of all information and reports they generate.
- Continuously maintains good housekeeping in their work area and assists with Line cleanups (including work areas, floors, and outside of machinery).
- Assists with Line changeovers to include purging the Line, cleaning ink wells, etc.
- Relieves Line Operators for short periods of time.
- Changes over and/or sets up the automatic packing machines.
- Strives to be a good team member to promote team effort.
- Follow all health and safety regulations
- Functions of this job requires regular and punctual employee presence.
- Must train any new hires assigned
- Other duties as assigned, inside or outside the normal work area or department.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Must be able to stand on feet for 8 hours
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must have a good communication skills
- Must be detailed oriented
- Must be able to work in a fast pace environment
- Must be able to read, write and understand English
QUALIFICATIONS (education & experience)
- Detailed Oriented
- Must have 1 year experience packing
- Quality background a plus
Job Type: Full Time
Pay Type: Hourly