LOCATION: Hawkesbury, Ontario (Hybrid Model)
For over 70 years, Montebello has been a leader in the manufacturing of aluminum tubes in North America. Our
four production facilities, located in Hawkesbury, ON, Lachine, QC, Lebanon, KY, and Harrisonburg, VA, enable us to
provide a range of high-quality products, including aluminum and laminate plastic tubes, aluminum aerosol cans,
and custom plastic and aluminum packaging components. Customers benefit from our knowledgeable sales force,
flexible run sizes, in-house graphics department, and responsive customer service support.
We are seeking the right candidate for the role of Logistics & Purchasing Manager, who will report to the Director,
Supply Chain. The position is based in Hawkesbury, Ontario, however the person will be able to work remotely
within a hybrid work arrangement.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Responsible for the timely placement of purchase orders at best price and delivery of materials to meet customer order requirements and maintain inventory levels within approved guidelines.
- Work with the planning and production teams to set safety stock levels.
- Purchasing raw material for inventory and non-stock items for plants and customer orders.
- Find and negotiate the best price with reliable vendors and find ways to obtain the best discounts.
- Work with production and quality assurance to assure that the acquisition of all goods or services will meet the requirements of the contract.
- Assisting with inventory turns as needed.
- Reviewing reorder points for inventory stock levels.
- Track and maintain proper levels of stocked inventory.
- Assist the estimating department in project bidding.
- Initiate and implement process improvement and cost-saving initiatives.
- Manage the logistics components of our business, including but not limited to: USMCA certificates, ocean rates, freight vendor management, invoice approvals, maintenance of shipping costs in ERP system, etc.
- Variety of Miscellaneous Tasks.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Will have excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Will demonstrate a positive attitude.
- The ability to cooperate with team members/leaders.
- Proactive approach – anticipates and initiates action to meet needs.
- Able to analyze a vast amount of data in order to drive proper decision-making.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle the ebbs and flows of new orders and demands.
- Dynamic, initiative, team spirit, detail oriented with a strong sense of organization.
- The ability to communicate information in English both speaking and writing.
QUALIFICATIONS (education & experience)
- College/University required.
- Post-secondary courses in Purchasing preferred.
- Minimum 5 years proven purchasing experience.
- Montebello offers a competitive group life, health, and dental plan.
- We also have a group Registered Retirement Savings Plan, with generous company match on employee contributions.