PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
· Operates machinery – start, stop, jog, clean, etc.
· May be required to lift up to 60 lbs. repeatedly
· Removes, cleans and replaces print press equipment, such as; enamel and printer rollers
· Uses and understands specification sheets. Sets-up/changes-over and maintains proper adjustments on assigned machinery to conform to the specification sheet for that job
· Develops and maintains the correct pressure and registration between the plates and ink in order to obtain a clean, clear impression of the material being printed
· Examine work in process and finished materials to ensure quality standards and accuracy of printing is being maintained
· Continuously monitors the quality of the tubes they produce and initiates corrective action for substandard quality
· Accepts responsibility for the completeness and accuracy of all information and reports they generate.
· Resolves technical problems with presses, inks and other components as necessary
· Makes required quality checks and records the results on quality control sheets
· Monitors the scrap they generate to keep it within acceptable levels.
· Strives to be a good team member and to promote team effort.
· Performs all regular daily, weekly or monthly maintenance on assigned machinery according to determined schedule
· Performs housekeeping duties to include cleaning floors, work benches, work tops, inside and outside of machinery and drying ovens.
· Loads and lubricates the slugs in the slug tumbler.
· Removes slugs from the slug tumbler and loads the slug bowl/hopper at the press.
· Makes adjustments to transfers and tooling and changes tooling at the press, trimmer, internal coater, ovens, and accumulator.
· Takes corrective action when the machinery is not functioning properly.
· Help train new hires
· Follow all health and safety regulations
· Functions of this job requires regular and punctual employee presence
· Other duties as assigned, inside or outside of normal work area or department.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
· Must be able to stand on feet for 8 hours
· Must be able to lift up to 50+ lbs.
· Must be mechanically inclined
· Must be able to read and understand measuring instruments
· Must have a good communication skills
· Must be able to work in a fast pace environment
· Must be able to read, write and understand English
· Must be able to communicate with peers and management
QUALIFICATIONS (education & experience)
· Detailed Oriented
· Must have an high school education or GED
· Mechanical Experience a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $19.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)
- One location
Work Location: One location