TITLE: Shift Supervisor
REPORTING TO: Production Manager
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Primary responsibility for Job Packet/Order review and verification prior to and during Line Clearance and Job Set-up protocols. Working in concert with QA Auditor, Lead Technician and Line Operations ensures Line capability from Job Set-up (Sampling and Test Plans) through Line Operations to Final Product Release are addressed and verified prior to and during manufacturing.
- Primary responsibility for Shift planning, management and performance thereof, inclusive of Job Order, personnel resource, production work flow, output and performance.
- Primary responsibility for “Shift to Shift” hand-off ensuring effective communication and reporting of Line Operations, process, mechanical-electrical, product and quality conditions.
- Primary responsibility for ensuring “accurate product and process quality reporting” as reported by Line Operations from Job Set-up (Sampling and Test Plans) through Final Product Release. Monitors and as deemed necessary escalates product quality reporting deficiencies to QA Auditor.
- Primary responsibility for ensuring “accurate product Scrap reporting” as reported by Line Operations from Job Set-up (Sampling and Test Plans) through Final Product Release. Monitors and as deemed necessary escalates product Scrap reporting deficiencies to QA Auditor.
- Working in concert with Training Staff, the Shift Supervisor has primary responsibility for ensuring Line Operations is fully trained and understanding of Line processes and reporting, Company policies and procedures, as well as Health & Safety policies and procedures. As deemed necessary through team member performance monitoring escalates additional training needs to the Training Staff.
- As deemed necessary conveys and enforces disciplinary actions.
- As deemed necessary encourages, motivates, coaches and assists personnel with “problem solving” techniques.
- Assists Human Resources and Training staff in the Interviewing, hiring and placement of new team members relative to Shift-Operational needs.
- As deemed necessary assists Human Resources & Plant Management in completion of Accident Investigation Reporting.
- Working in concert with QA Auditor (Primary), the Shift Supervisor is the “Secondary PVS” or Print Vision System Lead Operator ensuring PVS operational use from Job Set-up through Line Verification to Final Product Release. Corrects “out of tolerance” conditions by completing and verifying needed adjustments ensuring continuous PVS operational integrity and use. Escalates “non-use or operational” conditions to QA Auditor.
- Functions of this job requires regular and punctual employee presence.
- Ensures that safety rules are complied with, that common sense safety practices are followed and that all safety devices that are provided are in place and are properly used
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Process Improvement
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Time Management
- Able to Groom Individuals
- Problem Solving Skills
- Team Work
- Technical Expertise
QUALIFICATIONS (education & experience)
- Technical Knowledge
- Safety Awareness
- Clerical Ability
- Human Resource Skills
- Communication Skills