ABOUT MONTEBELLO PACKAGING
Montebello Packaging is a world-class manufacturer of tubes and containers for the pharmaceutical, cosmetics and food industries. The company is a division of the Jim Pattison Group, a $12.7(CAD) billion conglomerate. Montebello Packaging employs 500 people and has four plants in North America.
Today, our Hawkesbury plant, which has about 40 unionized employees and manufactures aluminum products by extrusion processes, is looking for technicians for its production lines (press and printing).
Hawkesbury is a small bilingual town in Ontario, bordering Quebec on the Ottawa River, in Prescott and Russell Counties. It is at the crossroads of the Outaouais and Laurentian regions.
THE CHALLENGES THAT AWAIT YOU
Reporting to the production supervisor, your responsibility is to ensure the smooth operation of the production line that is entrusted to you. You will also participate in improving the productivity of the production lines, occupational health and safety and quality according to established standards by ensuring that your work area is kept clean and safe.
- Set-up changes ;
- Adjustments, changes and transfers of tooling;
- Line start-up;
- Verification of the quality of the products manufactured;
- Solving technical problems, taking corrective action if necessary;
- Maintenance of the machines through recommended maintenance;
- Continuous improvement.
Your profile and skills
- Ideally, you have a DEP or DEC in technical, mechanical, electromechanical or production management;
- You have a minimum of 2 years experience as a technician on an automated line in the manufacturing field;
- Ideally, you have experience in packaging, metal transformation, food, pharmaceutical, cosmetics …
- Manual dexterity;
- Attention to detail;
- Speed of execution, flexibility and reliability;
- Able to differentiate shades of color;
- Ability to lift 50 pounds;
- Interpersonal and communication skills;
- Available to work on different shifts;
- Ability to work alone or in a team;
- Fluency in French and English is an asset.
The advantages of joining our team
- Being part of a small company with the advantages of a large group;
- High quality products;
- Great work atmosphere;
- Employee recognition;
- Rotating shift each week: day (8:00 am – 4:00 pm) / evening (4:00 pm – 12:00 am) / night (12:00 am – 8:00 am);
- Shift premiums; $0.50/hour for evening shift (4:00 pm – 12:00 am) and $1.00/hour for night shift (12:00 am – 8:00 am)
- Salary of $20.33/hr
- Full benefits (health, dental, vision, vacations, free parking…) ;
- Possibility of advancement.
Job type : Full time, Permanent