ABOUT MONTEBELLO PACKAGING
Montebello Packaging is a world-class manufacturer of tubes and containers for the pharmaceutical, cosmetics and
food industries. The company is a division of the Jim Pattison Group, a $12.7 (CAD) billion conglomerate. Montebello
Packaging employs 500 people and has four plants in North America.
Today, our Hawkesbury plant, which has about 40 unionized employees and manufactures aluminum products
through extrusion processes, is looking for packer-inspectors.
Hawkesbury is a small bilingual town in Ontario, bordering Quebec on the Ottawa River, in Prescott and Russell
Counties. It is at the crossroads of the Outaouais and Laurentian regions.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE
Reporting to the production supervisor, your responsibility is to ensure the smooth operation of the production line
that is entrusted to you. You will also participate in improving the productivity of the production lines, occupational
health and safety and quality according to established standards by ensuring that your work area is kept clean and
- Set-up changes;
- Adjustments, changes and transfers of tooling;
- Line start-up;
- Verification of the quality of the products manufactured;
- Solving technical problems, taking corrective action if necessary;
- Maintenance of the machines through recommended maintenance;
- Continuous improvement.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Ideally, you have a DEP or DEC in technical, mechanical, electromechanical or production management;
- You have a minimum of 2 years experience as a technician on an automated line in the manufacturing field;
- Ideally, you have experience in packaging, metal transformation, food, pharmaceutical, cosmetics;
- Manual dexterity;
- Attention to detail;
- Speed of execution, flexibility and reliability;
- Able to differentiate shades of color;
- Ability to lift 50 pounds;
- Interpersonal and communication skills;
- Available to work on different shifts;
- Ability to work alone or in a team;
- Fluency in French and English is an asset.
THE ADVANTAGES OF JOINING OUR TEAM
- Being part of a small company with the advantages of a large group;
- High quality products;
- Great work atmosphere;
- Employee recognition;
- Rotating shift each week: Day (8:00 am – 4:00 pm) / Evening (4:00 pm – 12:00 am) / Night (12:00 am – 8:00 am);
- Shift premiums: Evening (0.50$/hour) / Night (1.00$/hour)
- Full benefits (Health, dental, vision, vacations, free parking, and more);
- Possibility of advancement.
Job Types: Full-Time, Permanent